The two telescopes – one owned by UNC Asheville, the other provided by the Astronomy Club of Asheville – are great for viewing a wide variety of celestial bodies.
- Each pier has a 14-inch aperture f/11 Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain design telescope.
- Each primary telescope has a side-by-side mounted apochromatic (APO) refractor telescope for wider field viewing and imaging
- One of the refractors is a 180mm aperture f/7 Telescope Engineering Company instrument.
- The other refractor is a 150mm aperture f/7 Takahashi instrument.
- 2 Paramount ME robotic, German equatorial mounts from Software Bisque – a Colorado company.